Needs Based Scholarships
A needs-based youth scholarship program has been in place at DBMS since our first summer of programming in 1998. This donor supported financial aid initiative forms a foundation for DBMS’ commitment to connect people of all ages, abilities and means with the wonders of Duxbury Bay.
Providing your most recent IRS Tax Return (Form 1040) ensures that DBMS is following a consistent and equitable award process. You will need to upload this form with your application unless any of the following are true:
- You’ve been prequalified for financial assistance by another community group or external organization.
- Special circumstances such as illness, life-changing events, etc. may make it difficult for you or your family to pay for the program fees.
- You are submitting on behalf of someone whose special circumstances would qualify them for support.
Financial aid is limited to one program course per season for qualified youth (<18yrs old). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and forms must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to a program start date. Class sizes are limited so we encourage you to complete an application as soon as possible.
Please note that scholarship students are not identifiable by our instructors or other participants. Scholarship status and all associated information is highly confidential.
- Complete our scholarship application, attaching Form 1040 (You do not need to know which program you’d like to sign up for at this point)
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email to update you of your application status. Your account will be automatically updated.
- Research and select a course for your participant(s), call for advice if necessary
- Book a course on our website using the discount code to eliminate/reduce the fee during checkout.
If you have any questions about the scholarship process, please email HR@DBMS.org or call 781-934-7555 and ask to speak to the Outreach or HR Director.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. If you have a previous Form 1040 from last year you can submit and then provide your current tax form when you have it. This will ensure that you have reserved a spot.
Yes, please briefly explain on the application the circumstance and we will take it into consideration.
Depending on availability, you can go into the system and change dates/program. If the program is full, you will have to look for another program or another program date.
No, all scholarship information is confidential and not shared with program directors, instructors, or other participants.
To get an accurate idea of how many instructors we need and how many kids in each program, we ask that you apply at least 2 weeks ahead of the start date.
Yes. We will offer a day for kids who have never been to DBMS to come see our campus and to go through what to expect on the first day.
Your child will need a water bottle, closed toe water shoes (or old sneakers will do) sunscreen, towel and lunch/snack if staying for a full day program. If your child has a life jacket, they can bring it otherwise we have several at DBMS. If you need assistance on getting any of these items, please let us know.