8:30-2:30PM, 6 hrs/Day, 5 days, $685 – Click here to view schedule (applies to all ages)
Most of the programs at DBMS run at varying times each week due to the timing of the tides in Duxbury Bay. Our Duxbury Bay Adventures program offers a convenient schedule for working parents and runs from 8:30-2:30 PM every week. This program is great for kids to dip their toes into ALL the fantastic programs at DBMS!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration is broken into three age groups: 6-7-year-olds, 8-9-year-olds, and 10-11-year-olds.
- Please pay attention to the age group when registering. We CANNOT guarantee that we will get your child into the appropriate age group if they are registered for the wrong one.
- Because this program meets at both high and low tide, activities vary.
- Examples of low tide activities include marine science labs, lawn games, arts & crafts, knot tying, motorboating to Captains Flat, and field trips to local landmarks such as Duxbury Beach, Standish Monument, and Shipyard Beach.
- Examples of high-tide activities include kayaking and swimming.
- On the water, activities depend on wind, fog, rain, and the timing of high tide each day.
- Yes, you should send your child with a nut-free snack and lunch!
- Groups usually eat lunch at DBMS, but occasionally they will have a picnic lunch off campus!
- DBMS is a peanut & tree nut-free campus. We require all snacks & lunches from both staff and participants to be peanut & tree-nut free.
- If a student accidentally brings a food item that is not nut-free, we will call home and ask for something different to be dropped off.
- We encourage all participants to arrive wearing a bathing suit with sunscreen already applied.
- Clothing with SPF protection is encouraged since participants are in the sun for most of the day!
- All participants must wear closed-toed shoes. We require shoes to stay on even in the water; shoes help protect participants’ feet from getting injured on our wooden docks or cut by shells at the beach.
- Students will get wet, sandy, and sometimes muddy while at DBMS. Please, do not send items that you do not want your child to get dirty!!
- Participants should bring a nut-free snack & lunch, water, extra sunscreen (that they can apply themselves), a towel, hat & sunglasses, a change of clothes, extra pair of shoes, weather appropriate clothing (ex: sweatshirt, rain jacket, windbreaker, etc.)
- Please, label all personal items!
- We recommend that toys or sentimental items be left at home so they don’t get lost or dirty!