The team’s mission is to row well, row hard, and race fast. We strive to create a team culture that fosters the development of individual athleticism within the context of true teamwork.
- Provide quality coaching in areas of technique and physical training.
- Stimulate individual growth as an athlete within the sport of rowing.
- Develop the character to thrive with difficult training and competition.
- Promote sportsmanship, discipline, a healthy competitive attitude, and inner team support.
- Provide an open selection process to all DHS students for the opportunity to become members of the team.
- Encourage habits that are necessary for proper physical development, athletic preparation, and overall success.
- Provide resources and support athletes through the college recruitment process.
- Form crews that qualify for national championships.